Welcome to the Writing Centre
Welcome new Writing Centre Tutors!!
We have developed this 6-week introduction as a way to introduce ourselves and the work we do together in the Writing Centre. Each week, you will learn about a different area of Writing Centre practice and pedagogy and about some of the activities we participate in to grow our writing and tutoring community.
At the end of these six weeks, we hope you have gained:
1) an understanding of the field of Writing Centre practice and the professional work of tutoring;
2) greater self-awareness of your own writing practices and how these connect to those of other writers;
3) an appreciation for the role of community in the development of writing and writers;
4) a reader-response orientation to providing feedback to writers;
5) and facility with developing and answering generative questions to promote engagement in written work.
It should take you between 2-3 hours to complete each module, for a total of 18-20 hours.