General forums

Forum Description Discussions
Announcements
General news and announcements
News forum
General news and announcements
Question Forum

Please ask any questions you have about the course here.

Discussion Forum

Post any topics, thoughts or questions for discussion here

Welcome Forum
Welcome Forum (I moved all of our intros into this forum from the Discussion Forum, FYI...)

Learning forums

Week Forum Description Discussions
22 June - 28 June Art + Text Intro (1 + 2): Discuss Here

Hi, I thought I would open a discussion forum here to see if anyone has any thoughts, questions or comments after viewing the slide lectures this week: Art + Text Intro (1 + 2).

Feel free to comment and/or discuss here - perhaps you could all keep it to one thread to contain the conversation?

Kyla

Introductory Presentation Forum: Please post here by Jan. 16th

Introductory Presentation Forum: Please post here by Jan. 16th

I would like each of you to take the time this week to watch/read every other student's presentation and respond to each other with comments and/or questions.

Thanks!

29 June - 5 July Reading Discussion Forum

Please respond to the reading here. I would like you each to start by making one comment about the reading - something you learned or that stood out to you, followed by a question that arose for you.

In addition to that, please respond to one another's comments and questions about the reading. (I...

6 July - 12 July Artist Presentations: Please post here by January 30

Please post your artist presentations under a NEW THREAD each.

Comments and discussions should follow on each thread. You must each post a minimum of one comment, question or response after viewing each presentation.

(FYI, I am posting marks for these presentations for each of you - I don't do ...

13 July - 19 July Typography Forum

Please respond to the film and readings here.

I would like you each to start by making some comments about the reading and the film - something you learned or that stood out to you in each, followed by a question that arose for you.

Specifically, I'd like to hear how the film and readings ...

20 July - 26 July Peer Feedback Forum (Optional) - to discuss work in progress and get informal feedback

Please use this Forum to post ideas, images of works in progress, and generally anything that you are workig on or with, and want to discuss or get feedback from other students about.

Many of you have been sending images to me and having discussions over email (which is great - keep it coming!) ...

27 July - 2 August Mid-term Critique Forum

This Forum is for Mid-term Critiques.

By February 20th, I would like each of you to start a NEW thread for your work, with your name as the title. Post images and/or links to your work that you are presenting for mid-term critique.

DO NOT EXPLAIN YOUR WORK! You should only show images or a link ...

10 August - 16 August Artists' Book Forum

This week, you have a task to start off a discussion:  I would like you all to look through the artist book resources attached here. Also feel free to go and look in person at artist books - in a book store, a gallery, in the ECU library if you are on campus, or other online sites.

Then, select ...

17 August - 23 August The Library, The Archive Forum

This week I have given you a whole bunch of resources related to the Archive and the Library.

I would like to start a discussion (or more) here in relationship to the materials you have read, heard and seen this week.

24 August - 30 August Writing Experiments: The Personal

Writing Experiments: The Personal

Critical strategies:

Take a sentence or two from a paper you've written in which you refer to yourself in some way. Then try changing the pronoun to "I" and "you" and "one" and "she/he" or "we" to see if either of these pronominal shifts affects the tone of your...

31 August - 6 September Guest Artist Talks Forum

Please post a response to each of the three artist talks you are viewing this week.

Pay special attention to the way in whch they talk about text and/or language in relationship to their practice. Are there any noticeable overlaps in their approach/relationship to text/language? Strong ...

7 September - 13 September Final Crit Forum: WORK DUE APRIL 3!

For final crits, I want us to get more of a conversation going rather quickly.  You will be required to post your work by the end of the day on April 3, and then you are required to post a comment on everyone else's work within 2 days (it can be short!), and I'd like you to respond multiple times...

21 September - 27 September Wrap-Up and Feedback Forum

I am opening this Forum up a bit early, alongside the Course Evaluations, to allow you to think about how to respond nd to take the time to contribute to an end-of-term Wrap-Up discussion.

Please address the following items (I may add more as forum posts as we go.)

This is meant to create space ...