Recording how to pronounce your name will make it easier for professors and students to learn how to say your name. To start, log into Moodle.
Moodle recordings may not work with iOS or the Safari browser. Please try a different device or browser if you encounter any issues.
- Click on your name (top right) and select "Profile"
- From the top right of your Profile page click "Edit profile"
- Scroll down, in the "Description" section, select the microphone icon and record your name:
- Go to the bottom of the page and select "Update profile"
If you need to update your pronunciation, edit the Description section. Delete the original recording and make a new recording.
Listening to others' name pronunciations
Recordings are only available for people that have submitting a pronunciation. Not all people have recorded their name in Moodle.
To hear how to pronounce other peoples' names in Moodle:
- In your Moodle course, select the Participants list in the left-hand navigation column
- Click on a name
- Play the audio located under their name and photo