Recording how to pronounce your name will make it easier for professors and students to learn how to say your name.
To start, log into Moodle.
In-browser Moodle recordings may not work with iOS or with the Safari browser. Please try a different device or browser (Chrome, Firefox) if you encounter any issues.
- Click on your name (top right) and select "Profile"
- From the top right of your Profile page click "Edit profile"
- Scroll down, in the "Description" section, select the microphone icon and record your name:
- Go to the bottom of the page and select "Update profile"
If you need to update your pronunciation, edit the Description section. Delete the original recording and make a new recording.
Listening to others' name pronunciations
Recordings are only available for people that have submitting a pronunciation. Not all people have recorded their name in Moodle.
To hear how to pronounce other peoples' names in Moodle:
- In your Moodle course, select the Participants list in the left-hand navigation column
- Click on a name
- Play the audio located under their name and photo