Coming Fall 2015
Emily Carr University signs on to the MediaCore cloud–based solution for media capture, management and delivery. MediaCore’s cloud technology will fully integrate with Emily Carr's elearning platforms of Moodle, Blogs and main institutional website, in addition to providing a stand alone media repository and online presentation site.
After researching several online video platforms and conducting usage studies and surveys with Emily Carr's community this past year, the Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) recommended the adoption of the MediaCore platform to support media integration and learning at the Emily Carr University of Art + Design. The service will be co-managed and administered by the TLC, the Library and the IT department. Limited service will begin in late summer 2015 with a full institutional roll out expected for the Fall 2015 semester.
Learn more by taking a tour of the MediaCore platform at http://www.mediacore.com/tour/
- Faculty can easily create and manage a centralized library of video, audio and digital media.
- A single, secure media platform where students and faculty can learn, engage and discuss.
- Provide the missing ingredient for flipped, blended and distance learning.
- Explore new teaching and learning strategies that can easily access digital media from any device.
- Give faculty and students an easy way to capture presentations, straight from their desktop.
- Capture with any PC, Mac or Google Chromebook or Chromebox.
- Use a mobile device to record and securely upload presentations, events and video projects.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows smartphones and tablets.
- Easily record lectures in classrooms and lecture halls using your existing A/V equipment.
- Or, work with our hardware partners on a custom capture solution.
Introducing MediaCore Capture for Google Chrome
MediaCore Capture is a free screen recorder that makes it easy for any instructor or student to record anything on their screens. Producing screen capture videos of lectures, presentations and assignments has never been easier. Users can seamlessly upload and share their videos with people in and outside of their institution using MediaCore.