Illustrator needed for the Salvation Army

Illustrator needed for the Salvation Army

by Leslie Bishko -
Number of replies: 0

To whom it may concern,

My name is Derik Hyatt and I am the Community & Resources Coordinator at the Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services.  The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services has been serving individuals and families in Vancouver and Burnaby for more than 40 years.  Our mandate is to provide services to members of the community, children and families facing serious life challenges such as poverty, isolation, abuse, neglect, homelessness, addiction, hunger and mental illness.  We strive to do this with a continuum of care model focusing on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of our clients.  Through our programs and services we aim to support the whole person and entire communities.

In collaboration with a volunteer group from Telus, our unit is currently developing a website to feature our mission, goal, programs, etc.  Amidst the web building process, I have come across a need for black and white (or simple colouring) cartoon illustrations of our "Sally Ann" mascot (see attachment) participating in various activities such as: cooking, reading a book to other children, volunteering, camping, going back-to-school, eating turkey, celebrating Christmas, etc.  These will also be of value for future brochures, and forms of advertising our programs.  I have been unable to attain such clipart from the wider Salvation Army community, and thus was wondering if you may be able to promote this volunteer opportunity to your colleagues, other artists, students, etc.  Also, please let me know of any other valuable resources such artist forums, etc.

If anyone is interested in this great volunteer opportunity, please contact Derik at 604-872-7676, ext. 233 or email me atderik_hyatt@shawcable.com for more information.  We are unable to offer financial compensation, however, you will receive the appropriate mention in the related media, volunteer hours/experience, and an invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Meal.  Feel free to post the attached PDF on your Community boards.

Thanks for your help and support!

For more information about The Salvation Army in BC, please visit http://www.salvationarmy.ca/britishcolumbia/

Derik Hyatt
Community & Resources Coordinator
The Salvation Army
Vancouver Community & Family Services
Fraser Street
VancouverBCV5V 4B8
Tel: (604) 872-7676
Fax: (604) 872-7678
Email: derik_hyatt@shawcable.com