Affordable Summer Life Drawing classes

Affordable Summer Life Drawing classes

by Darren Brereton -
Number of replies: 0

I just received this message from Oliver McTavish-Wisden, the Promotions Manager for Cloudscape Comics.

Hello,

My name is Oliver McTavish-Wisden, the Promotions Manager for Cloudscape Comics, Vancouver's largest independent comic collective. We're one of Vancouver's Fieldhouse Residencies, and we provide public programming for the city in exchange for a space for artists to work in.

One of the programs we're doing is a series of affordable life drawing sessions every Saturday at our Headquarters in Memorial South Park. Since classes are ending very soon for Emily Carr students, I thought you might like to pass this information along to your department and it's student before they break for the summer, in case they would like to participate in more life drawing sessions during their break.

The sessions will take place every Saturday starting April 26th at 5955 Ross Street (Brown heritage building inside the park). The sessions cost $10 to drop in, and will start at 1pm (doors will lock once the sessions starts). Easels and boards are limited, so drop-ins are encouraged to bring their own boards and supplies.

If any of your students are looking for a great place to practice life drawing with others, or if any of them are just interested in comic art in general, please pass this information along to them. Anything you are able to do to spread the word would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you for your time, please let me know if you have any questions or need to know anything more about us. You can contact me by email or by phone at 604-808-9819.

Sincerely,

Oliver MW